Chesapeake IPA (CIPA) is an independent physician association (IPA) that was organized in 2018 to benefit small to large independent practices in Maryland. Our network now has over 150 physicians.
- We are composed of primarily primary care practices, but welcome specialists, acute, and post-acute care providers into our network.
- Our participating providers have increased revenue potential from more favorable Fee-For-Service payments, value-based payer programs, and group purchasing contracts.
- CIPA providers are also organized into a clinically-integrated network (CIN) that collaborates strategically to improve patient care, decrease the cost of care, and demonstrate physician value in a rapidly changing market.
- Our CIN is provider-led and is organized to participate effectively in federal, state, and private payer value-based programs such as:
- the Medicare Shared Savings Program
- the Maryland Primary Care Program (MDPCP)
- Direct Contracting Model
- Commercial Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage
- Primary Care First
Collaborative Health Systems Partnership
To achieve our mission of thriving in value-based care, CIPA has partnered with Collaborative Health Systems
(CHS). CHS is one of the leading MSOs in the United States and serves as our population health management organization (PHMSO). They collaborate with CIPA participants to provide customized actionable data and analytics, strategic growth planning, care coordination, and market leadership to help prepare practices to take advantage of value-based contracts.
- Since 2012, CHS has been a leader in value-based care in Maryland. CHS manages two Medicare Shared Savings Program Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)—Mid-Atlantic ACO and the Accountable Care Coalition of Northeast Partners—and supports MDPCP participants through the Maryland Collaborative Care Transformation Organization (MDCCTO).
- CHS is a Centene Corporation Company, a Fortune 50, leading multi-national healthcare enterprise committed to transforming the health of the community, one person at a time.